First Friday this week at I-94 Visitor Information Center
The Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is kicking off the long holiday weekend on Friday, July 1, with a Summer Open House at its I-94 Visitor Information Center. Local residents staying in town for the weekend can gather ideas on how to be a tourist in their own town, while travelers hitting the road early can stop in for a break, treats, and useful travel information.
The first Friday of every month (through September), a free open house takes place from noon to 3 p.m. at this center, which serves as the gateway to Wisconsin for countless Illinois travelers. Expected exhibitors on July 1 are:
- Culver’s of Pleasant Prairie: Featuring free custard samples, coupons, prize wheel, plus a visit from its mascot, Scoopie!
- Sandy’s Popper: The Popper Express will be on site with free, just-popped gourmet popcorn!
- tg’s Restaurant & Pub: Enjoy free sample sizes of their FAMOUS hot beef sliders!
- Holiday Inn Express: Enter to win a free night’s stay, enjoy free brownies, and pick up free travel-sized toiletries!
- Candlewood Suites: Enter to win a free night’s stay and enjoy freshly baked cookies (always featured at the hotel)!
- DeBerge’s: Learn what this family-owned framing and art gallery is all about, and pick up a recycled paper notepad!
- Wilmot Mountain: Start planning for next winter and learn about their season pass options, gather Wilmot Mountain Flea Market information, and visit Freddi the Yeti!
- From your host, the Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau: Take your photo with Tripp the Tourist to win prizes, collect information about things to see and do this summer, and get helpful advice from our friendly staff.
The I-94 Visitor Information Center is located at the southeast corner of I-94 and Hwy. 165, at 10519 – 120th Ave. (Exit 347). For more details, call the I-94 Center at (262) 857-7164 or the Downtown Center at 654-7307 or (800) 654-7309. For more information about attractions, events, shopping, dining, lodging, recreation opportunities and more in the Kenosha Area, visit www.KenoshaCVB.com of follow them on Twitter and “Like” them on Facebook to receive updates about events, specials, and more.