Public Works committee meeting re-cap
The Public Works Committee met earlier this afternoon. Here is a run-down of the meeting’s approvals/deferrals:
- Both requests to pave lawn park two areas on the east side of 39th Avenue were approved unanimously. These came from Chiappetta’s Shoe Store and Principe Development.
- The committee voted to accept Project 10-1017, 39th Avenue Reconstruction, which was satisfactorily completed by Payne & Dolan, Inc., in the amount of $1,401,112.51.
- The proposed resolution to vacate a portion of the alley located between 30th and 31st Streets, from 19th Avenue to 100 feet west of 18th Avenue, was approved.
- The release of the recorded easement for the Kenosha County Corrections Facility on 14th Avenue, south of 60th Street, was tabled for two weeks for further review.
- The proposed resolution for special assessments for hazardous walk and driveway approach repair only for Project 11-1012 Resurfacing Phase I (32nd Avenue – 60th Street to 55th Street, Taft Road – Pershing Blvd. to 39th Avenue, 25th Avenue – 32nd Street to 31st Street), in the total amount of $33,211.70, to be levied against the respective parcels of property was approved by a vote of 4 to 1 (Alderperson Anthony Nudo was the sole dissenting voter).
- Unanimous approval was given for the change order for Project 11-1208 Sidewalk and Curb and Gutter Repair. The original project was approved for $570,000, and an additional $85,500 was approved. Alderperson Steve Bostrom asked for a list of sidewalk repairs that were completed. He wanted to make sure that “the taxpayers are getting the best value for the dollars spent.”
Informational items included bike path maps, which are being created, a project status report, and additional cost required for Project 10-1011, 56th Street reconstruction.