Kenosha County Youth In Governance seeking nominations
Kenosha County Youth In Governance, a youth empowerment program that offers area teens the chance to directly participate in local government and community service, is seeking nominations for outstanding and motivated young people for the 2012 -2013 year.
The requirements to participate in Youth in Governance are:
- Youth must currently be a high school student in the 10th or 11th grade;
- Youth must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater;
- Youth must be a Kenosha County resident; and
- Youth must be able to attend the monthly meetings and additional committee meetings that are combined with other committees
- Go here to nominate a young person, or contact John de Montmollin, Youth & Family Educator, Kenosha County UW-Extension, at 857-1945.
Nominations are due Feb. 10, 2012.