Holiday to affect some city services
- There will be NO curbside garbage, recycling, brush, tire or bulk collection in recognition of the Fourth of July Holiday on Wednesday, July 4, 2012. Garbage, recycling, brush, tire, and bulk collection will be delayed one day for Wednesday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s routes ONLY. Wednesday’s route will be collected on Thursday, Thursday’s route will be collected on Friday, and Friday’s route will be collected on Saturday. Regular collection schedules will resume the week of July 9, 2012. If you have brush, tires, or bulk garbage that need to be picked up, please call the Public Works Department at 653-4050 a minimum of one working day before your collection day.
- The City of Kenosha Yard Waste Drop-Off Site, 4071 – 88th Avenue, will be closed Wednesday, July 4, 2012. The site will be open for normal operations, Thursday, July 5, 2012 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The site is for City of Kenosha residents only. NO COMMERCIAL DISPOSAL. Yard waste may be dropped off using any clean container; however, yard waste must be clean and free of debris prior to disposal. Residents must de-bag their own yard waste at the site if it is brought in bags other than city-approved biodegradable bags. Sod is accepted if it is separated from dirt and other yard waste (limit one garbage can full). No tree stumps, food waste, or garbage allowed, and holiday decorations such as wreaths and pumpkins are not accepted. Brush no longer needs to be bundled. Brush up to 6” in diameter and 12’ in length is accepted. There is no weight limit for either yard waste or brush, but residents must unload their own items from their vehicles. When available, free compost and/or wood chips may be available at the site during normal hours of operation. Residents must bring their own shovels and containers when picking up compost or wood chips.
- The Concrete and Brick/Block Drop-Off Site, 6415 – 35th Avenue, will be CLOSED Wednesday, July 4, 2012. It will re-open on Thursday, July 5, 2012, for its normal hours of operation, from 7a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Washington Park Pool will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2012. It will re-open on Thursday, July 5, 2012, for normal hours of operation, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Municipal Golf Course, 2205 Washington Road, will be OPEN Wednesday, July 4, 2012, for its normal hours of operation, from sunrise to sunset.
Please call the Kenosha Department of Public Works at 653-4050 if you have any questions.