Veteran’s Day events
There are several events planned later on in the week in remembrance of Veteran’s Day, which is on Sunday, November 11th.
- On Wednesday, November 7th, at the Christian Life School, 10700 – 75th Street, veterans and the general public are invited to a presentation honoring their military service. The event starts at 8:15 am and ends at 9 am. Coffee and baked goods will be provided for veterans and their families afterward.
- On Thursday, November 8th, at the Hospice Alliance, 10220 Prairie Ridge Boulevard, in Pleasant Prairie, a veteran’s day remembrance service will include Kenosha VFW Chaplain Ken Powers, music by Beth and Tom Kneesel, and the presentation of colors and rifle volley by Kenosha Vietnam Veterans Honor Guard. The event starts at 6 pm. Board member Sheryl Mueller will be mistress of ceremonies, and board vice president Michael Langendorf will play taps. Refreshments will follow.
- On Friday, November 9th, at Central High School, 24617 – 75th Street, the school is hosting a gathering for veterans, who will follow the color guard into the assembly. The reception starts at 9 am, and the program starts at 9:40 am. Please RSVP at (262) 843-2321, extension 382, no later than Wednesday.
- Also, on Friday, November 9th, at Stocker Elementary School, 6315 – 67th Street, the school is hosting a Veteran’s Day Program.
- On Saturday, November 10th, at the Civil War Museum, 5400 First Avenue, Veterans Heritage Day will be held. There will be a soldiers and veterans brick dedication outside the museum on the Veterans Terrace, which will start at 11 am. From 10 am to 4 pm, a free family event will be held in Freedom Hall featuring a memorabilia display from all branches of service in the Civil War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. This free family event is sponsored by the Southern Wisconsin Airborne Chapter, 82nd Airborne Division.
- On Sunday, November 11th, at the Old St. Mark’s Cemetery in the 7700 block of Ninth Court, south of Southport Elementary School, the Pleasant Prairie VFW Post 7308 is hosting a ceremony. It starts at 11:30 am.
- Also, on Sunday, November 11th, at Navy Memorial Park, Sixth Avenue and 54th Street, the Navy Club Ship 40 will conduct a memorial service. The service starts at 5 pm. Please RSVP to [email protected], and dress appropriately.
- On Monday, November 12th, at the Nash Elementary School, 6801 – 99th Avenue, active and retired members of the military are invited to a celebration. It starts at 2:15 pm.
- Also, on Monday, November 12th, at St. Mark Church, 1300 – 73rd Street, a celebration by the St. Joseph Catholic Academy Lower Campus. It starts at 10 am. The program includes guest speakers from the military, presentations and speeches by students, and patriotic music sung by students.
- Another event to be held on Monday, November 12th, will take place at the Salem School, 8828 Antioch Road, in Salem, at 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm. Four veterans, including one from World War II, are scheduled to attend the 30-minute gatherings, with two talking about their military experiences. Boy scouts will present and retire the colors. Fourth and sixth graders will perform a skit, and student musicians will play taps.
- And, lastly, also on Monday, November 12th, at the Shoreland Lutheran High School, 9026 -12th Street, veterans and the general public are invited to a Veterans Day Assembly and reception. It starts at 2:15 pm. Please RSVP at (262) 859-2595.
KenoWi.com thanks all veterans for their service!